This summer, Mainland High School will offer a Summer End-of-Course Administration for their zoned students in Algebra 1, Geometry, Biology, and US History. If you were contacted, your student may need to take one or more of these assessments to earn course credit or meet the Algebra 1 graduation requirement. The assessments are computer-based. We will administer the EOC Assessments on the following dates:
Monday, July 16th
Tuesday, July 17th
Wednesday, July 18th
Thursday, July 19th
Locations: Mainland High School; 1255 W. International Speedway Blvd. Daytona Beach, FL
*Each Volusia County High School is offering these assessments on these dates. Your student is assigned to take the assessment at his/her zoned high school.
Times: Students must arrive on the high school campus by 8:00AM. Testing must be completed no later than 3:30; many students may complete the assessment much sooner.
Transportation: Transportation is not provided; please arrange for your student to arrive on time and to be picked up as soon as s/he has completed testing.
Lunch: Your student may bring a snack and/or a lunch with them in case they are there for an extended period of time, however your student may finish testing prior to lunch.
Registration: Please complete the attached registration form and return it to your zoned high school no later than June 28, 2018. Click the link below.
- Electronic devices of any kind are not permitted during testing or while on a break. Possession of such devices is cause for invalidation.
- Students are responsible for protecting their answers during testing. Anyone caught cheating will have their score invalidated.
- If you or your student would like to review the practice tests at home you can access practice tests at www.FLAssessments.com/ePat for Biology and US History and www.fsassessments.org for Florida Standards Algebra 1 and Geometry. If your student has not participated in a practice test before it is mandatory to do so before taking the EOC.
Resources for review:
Florida’s K-12 assessment system measures students’ achievement of Florida’s education standards, which were developed and implemented to ensure that all students graduate from high school ready for success in college, career, and life. Assessment supports instruction and student learning, and test results help Florida’s educational leadership and stakeholders determine whether the goals of the education system are being met.
Statewide assessments are developed, administered, scored, and reported by two different assessment vendors.
- Grades 8–10 FSA ELA Writing
- Algebra 1 FSA End-of-Course (EOC)
- Geometry FSA EOC
Practice tests for these assessments are available on the FSA Portal.
Pearson administers assessments aligned to the Next Generation Sunshine State Standards (NGSSS).
- FCAT 2.0 Reading Retake
- Biology 1 EOC Assessment
- U.S. History EOC Assessment
Practice tests for these assessments are available at PearsonAccess.