YPP is the Youth Partnership Program of Volusia County Schools
For more information about the YPP (Youth Partnership Program), visit VCS at: https://www.vcsedu.org/volunteer-partnership/high-school-youth-partnership-program
Why is it important to attend training? Click HERE for information on Community Service hours and what you could miss out on!
Volunteer Training Dates for 2021-22:
- Tuesday, September 28th – in the MPR (Multipurpose Room) during BOTH lunches
- REMINDER for SENIORS – this is required as part of the qualifications for the Bright Futures Scholarship Program
PUMPKIN PATCH help needed to help unload pumpkins!! October 23rd @ 8am. Event normally runs 8a-12p and volunteer shifts run for 2hours. Please contact Mr. Mason McKenzie (French Teacher) firstname.lastname@example.org
Division of Blind Services is planning a Holiday event for their clients November 27th. They are looking for a few students who may help at the event for community service hours. The duties may include setting up canopies, tables, assisting visually impaired people through the event and clean-up. They also would like to have a local teen who plays the guitar or sings to provide Christmas Music during the event. If you are interested in participating, please contact your school counselor or Mrs. Scheuerman, email@example.com
Saturday, November 20, 2021 @ 9:00 am
Daytona State College
The Volusia Thanksgiving Basket Brigade is a fun family event where volunteers come together in the spirit of contribution and become Turkey Heroes by creating & delivering Thanksgiving boxes to families in need in our community.
PONCE INLET LIGHTHOUSE
Program Manager: Zach Hopple / (386) 761-1821 Ext. 18
Variety of volunteer positions are available: Educational Programs, Historical Research, Transcription, Maintenance, and a variety of other ventures…
They ask that any student volunteer is wiling to devote a minimum of 10 hours to the lighthouse. If interested, please contact Zach Hopple.
- Teen Court is a nationally acclaimed program designed to divert less serious cases away from the more formal juvenile court. Teen Court is based on the premise that youthful offenders will more readily accept responsibility for their actions when judged and sentenced by peers. Teen Volunteers act as attorneys, clerks, and jury members in the effort to provide other young people who have gotten into trouble, a fair sentence.
- Please review the FLIER with upcoming dates and information for FALL 2021. Interested teens should sign up for Remind or follow the Facebook page. They can train as they go and can get started right away!
- Halifax Humane Society Thrift Store: call (386) 274-4703, Ext. 319 – Volunteer Manager
- AdventHealth Hospice Care, information flyer click HERE.
- Halifax Health volunteer opportunities, Hospice Care click HERE, Auxiliary click HERE.
- United Way of Volusia volunteer opportunities, click HERE.
- Volusia County Sheriff’s Office, Explorers Program has opportunities throughout the year. Permission form is to be completed for each event you serve at; available in Resource Room.
- BE SURE YOU ARE USING THE CORRECT SHEET…the correct sheet to log hours is a 2-sided document, with the Sign-In Sheet on the front and the YPP Agreement on the back, dated 2018.
2020-2021 YPP Training Handbook (click here)
2018 Revised YPP Sign-In Sheet & Agreement 2 sided document (click here) If downloaded, document is a fillable PDF form.
For more information, please contact: