With the Florida standards in place to help Florida students succeed, the Florida Standards Assessments (FSA) in English Language Arts (ELA), Mathematics, and end-of-course (EOC) subjects (Algebra 1 and Geometry) serve Florida students by measuring education gains and progress. Students, parents/guardians, and educators are encouraged to check the FSA Portal often to access important information and resources as they are available.
- Electronic devices of any kind are not permitted during testing or while on a break. Possession of such devices is cause for invalidation.
- Students are responsible for protecting their answers during testing. Anyone caught cheating will have their score invalidated.
- If you or your student would like to review the practice tests at home you can access practice tests at www.fsassessments.org for ELA Writing/Reading, Biology, US History, Algebra 1 and Geometry. If your student has not participated in a practice test before it is mandatory to do so before taking the EOC.
Resources for Review:
- Directions for taking the Computer Based Practice Test, download.
Florida’s K-12 assessment system measures students’ achievement of Florida’s education standards, which were developed and implemented to ensure that all students graduate from high school ready for success in college, career, and life. Assessment supports instruction and student learning, and test results help Florida’s educational leadership and stakeholders determine whether the goals of the education system are being met.
Statewide assessments are developed, administered, scored, and reported by two different assessment vendors.
- Grades 8–10 FSA ELA Writing
- Algebra 1 FSA End-of-Course (EOC)
- Geometry FSA EOC
Pearson administers assessments aligned to the Next Generation Sunshine State Standards (NGSSS).
- FCAT 2.0 Reading Retake
- Biology 1 EOC Assessment
- U.S. History EOC Assessment
For information about FCAT 2.0 or NGSSS EOC Assessments, please visit http://www.fldoe.org/accountability/assessments/k-12-student-assessment.
For more information about Florida standards, course descriptions, and standard resources, please visit www.cpalms.org.
Practice tests for these assessments are available on the FSA Portal.