A Note about SAT & ACT Registrations: at the time you register (and up to the date specified in your registration) you will have the ability to have your test score sent to (4-6) colleges of your choice for FREE. Do NOT miss this opportunity. If you elect to have scores sent to a college(s) after the fact, there is a cost involved – PER SCORE, and PER SCHOOL. The cost is $12+, and that will add up. (If you are registering with a fee waiver, there are slight differences, but you still need to select schools). FREE IS GOOD!
LATE FEE of $30 applies for registration after the deadline up to the late deadline, as shown below, for both SAT & ACT. There is also a $30 change fee that applies if you register for a test, but miss the test date and try to register for a new date.
Registration Information for both ACT & SAT:
- School Code: 100355
- Mainland Test Center Code: 197090
- Do NOT use your Volusia School email to register. Use a Gmail or similar PERSONAL email that you know how to access from any device – i.e. knowing your login information.
|Test Date||Registration Deadline||Late Deadline|
|September 12, 2020||August 14, 2020||August 28, 2020|
|October 24, 2020||September 18, 2020||October 2, 2020|
|December 12, 2020||November 6, 2020||November 20, 2020|
|February 6, 2021||January 8, 2021||January 15, 2021|
|April 17, 2021||March 12, 2021||March 26, 2021|
|June 12, 2021||May 7, 2021||May 21, 2021|
|July 17, 2021||June 18, 2021||June 25, 2021|
For more information and to register go to ACT.org
Free ACT prep available using the ACT Academy! Click HERE to register.
Free ACT sample tests and additional study tools also available HERE.
|Test Date||Normal Deadline||Late Deadline|
|August 29, 2020||July 31, 2020||August 18, 2020|
|September 26, 2020||August 26, 2020||September 15, 2020|
|October 3, 2020||September 4, 2020||September 22, 2020|
|November 7, 2020||October 7, 2020||October 27, 2020|
|December 5, 2020||November 5, 2020||November 24, 2020|
|March 13, 2021||February 12, 2021||March 2, 2021|
|May 8, 2021||April 8, 2021||April 27, 2021|
|June 5, 2021||May 6, 2021||May 26, 2021|
For more information and to register go to CollegeBoard.org
Scholarship Opportunity through College Board, click HERE. Up to $40,000 in funds. See link for complete details!
Free SAT sample tests and study tools also available HERE.
Sign up in Student Services. Resources and information are available in the Resource Room 1-238.
NEXT TEST DATE: Fall 2020 (TBD)
ASVAB CEP Fact Sheet – HERE.
Visit www.asvabprogram.com to learn more
Free ASVAB Practice Tests and Study Tools HERE.
Resources and Practice tools also available through: March2Success.com
The ASVAB Career Exploration Program Information
Did you know…
The ASVAB aptitude tests have a well-established capacity to assess not only the ability to learn new skills, but to predict success in a wide variety of occupations.
The ASVAB Career Exploration Program is unique in several ways. The program:
- Meets the career development needs of today’s high school and postsecondary students, whether they plan to enter the workforce right away or pursue further education at a university, community college, or vocational institution
- Provides a world class, comprehensive career exploration and planning experience based on current career development theory and practice
- Encourages students to explore a wide variety of careers, rather than limiting their exploration by telling them what they can or should do
- Empowers students; encourages them to determine if and how they could improve their skills to become qualified for an occupation of interest
- Emphasizes the importance of career planning and decision making
- Provides a full-spectrum of career opportunities to students, regardless of their gender, ethnicity, or ability level
- Sample Includes ready-to-use structured activities to guide students through the career exploration and planning process
- Was developed with the assistance of a panel of leading career development professionals
Since the mid 1990s, the ASVAB Career Exploration Program has provided high quality, cost-free career exploration and planning materials and services to high schools across the nation. From surveys of participating students, we learned the following:
- 76% of the students who participated did so because of their interest in making appropriate post- high school career and educational plans.
- 31% of the students who participated did so because of their interest in military service.
- 62% of those who participated reported that the ASVAB Program helped them to connect their skills and interests with appropriate career choices.
- 63% of those who participated say the ASVAB Program helped them to consider careers they had not thought about before.
For more information please contact: