For more information and to register go to ACT.org
|Test Date||Registration Deadline||(Late Fee Required)|
|September 9, 2017||August 4, 2017||August 5-18, 2017|
|October 28, 2017||September 22, 2017||September 23-October6, 2017|
|December 9, 2017||November 3, 2017||November 4-17, 2017|
|February 10, 2018||January 12, 2018||January 13-19, 2018|
|April 14, 2018||March 9, 2018||March 10-23, 2018|
|June 9, 2018||May 4, 2018||May 5-18, 2018|
**FREE SAT PREP** Available on Kahn Academy.
For more information and to register go to SAT.org
|Test Date||Normal Deadline||Late Registration*|
|October 7, 2017||September 8, 2017||Sept 27, 2017|
|November 4, 2017||October 5, 2017||October 25, 2017|
|December 2, 2017||November 2, 2017||November 21, 2017|
|March 10, 2018||February 9, 2018||February 28, 2018|
|May 5, 2018||April 6, 2018||April 25, 2018|
|June 2, 2018||May 3, 2018||May 23, 2018|
Sign up with Mrs. Carr in Resource Room 1-238 or Major Miglioranzi.
THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 16, 2017, MHS MULTI PURPOSE ROOM, 12:20 PM
POST TEST INTERPRETATION – DEC 12, 2018 RESOURCE ROOM, 1-238
FEBRUARY 2018 (TBA)
APRIL 2018 (TBA)
The ASVAB Career Exploration Program Information
Did you know…
The ASVAB aptitude tests have a well-established capacity to assess not only the ability to learn new skills, but to predict success in a wide variety of occupations.
The ASVAB Career Exploration Program is unique in several ways. The program:
- Meets the career development needs of today’s high school and postsecondary students, whether they plan to enter the workforce right away or pursue further education at a university, community college, or vocational institution
- Provides a world class, comprehensive career exploration and planning experience based on current career development theory and practice
- Encourages students to explore a wide variety of careers, rather than limiting their exploration by telling them what they can or should do
- Empowers students; encourages them to determine if and how they could improve their skills to become qualified for an occupation of interest
- Emphasizes the importance of career planning and decision making
- Provides a full-spectrum of career opportunities to students, regardless of their gender, ethnicity, or ability level
- Sample Includes ready-to-use structured activities to guide students through the career exploration and planning process
- Was developed with the assistance of a panel of leading career development professionals
Since the mid 1990s, the ASVAB Career Exploration Program has provided high quality, cost-free career exploration and planning materials and services to high schools across the nation. From surveys of participating students, we learned the following:
- 76% of the students who participated did so because of their interest in making appropriate post- high school career and educational plans.
- 31% of the students who participated did so because of their interest in military service.
- 62% of those who participated reported that the ASVAB Program helped them to connect their skills and interests with appropriate career choices.
- 63% of those who participated say the ASVAB Program helped them to consider careers they had not thought about before.
Please contact Mrs. Kimberly Carr – Parent Liaison at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.