Why is it important to attend training? Click HERE for information on Community Service hours and what you could miss out on!
New Volunteer Opportunities Available….see list below!
For 2019-2020, training will be offered during lunch and again before or after school (time TBD) in the MPR once a month. Choose a date and time that works for your schedule…you only have to attend ONE session. Total time for training is 20 minutes (or less). You will receive (1) volunteer hour credit for attending the training.
You need to complete your YPP training once between 9th and 12th grade in order for your volunteer hours to be logged. You must make an 80% on the post test in order for your hours to be entered.
Copies of the handbook and volunteer hour tracking sheets are in the Resource Room 1-238, located in Student Services.
- A list of MHS Teachers needing assistance in closing down their classrooms, and various end of the year tasks is available in the Resource Room.
- AdventHealth Hospice Care, information flyer click HERE.
- Down Syndrome Foundation of Florida, iCan Shine Bike Program, information flyer click HERE.
- Volusia County Schools VPK 2019 Summer School, information flyer click HERE and Volunteer Requirements HERE.
- Summer Art Camp for children ages 6-12, June 10-August 9. Volunteers needed. Flyer in Resource Room. Volunteer Expectations & Duties and Camp Flyer HERE.
- BE SURE YOU ARE USING THE CORRECT SHEET…the correct sheet to log hours is a 2-sided document, with the Sign-In Sheet on the front and the YPP Agreement on the back, dated 2018.
For more information, please contact:
2018-2019 YPP Training Handbook (click here)
2018 Revised YPP Sign-In Sheet & Agreement 2 sided document (click here)
For more information about the YPP Program, visit VCS at: http://myvolusiaschools.org/volunteer-partnership/Pages/High-School-(YPP).aspx