A Note about SAT & ACT Registrations: at the time you register (and up to the date specified in your registration) you will have the ability to have your test score sent to (4-6) colleges of your choice for FREE. Do NOT miss this opportunity. If you elect to have scores sent to a college(s) after the fact, there is a cost involved – PER SCORE, and PER SCHOOL. The cost is $12+, and that will add up. (If you are registering with a fee waiver, there are slight differences, but you still need to elect schools). FREE IS GOOD!
|Test Date||Registration Deadline||Late Deadline|
|September 8, 2018||August 10, 2018||August 26, 2018|
|October 27, 2018||September 28, 2018||October 14, 2018|
|December 8, 2018||November 2, 2018||November 19, 2018|
|February 9, 2019||January 11, 2019||January 18, 2019|
|April 13, 2019||March 8, 2019||March 25, 2019|
|June 8, 2019||May 3, 2019||May 20, 2019|
|July 13, 2019||June 14, 2019||June 24, 2019|
For more information and to register go to ACT.org
Free ACT prep available using the ACT Academy! Click HERE to register.
|Test Date||Normal Deadline||Late Deadline|
|August 25, 2018||July 27, 2018||August 15, 2018|
|October 6, 2018||September 7, 2018||September 26, 2018|
|November 3, 2018||October 5, 2018||October 24, 2018|
|December 1, 2018||November 2, 2018||November 20, 2018|
|March 9, 2019||February 8, 2019||February 27, 2019|
|May 4, 2019||April 5, 2019||April 24, 2019|
|June 1, 2019||May 3, 2019||May 22, 2019|
Daytona State College is offering FREE SAT Math Program Tutoring every Saturday from March 30 through April 27, 2019 from 10:00 – 11:30 AM. Class held in Building 600, Room 209 (Daytona Campus). Registration is recommended but not required. For more information, please contact Erika Blanken at: email@example.com
For more information and to register go to SAT.org
Sign up in Student Services. Resources and information are available in the Resource Room 1-238.
NEXT TEST DATE: Wednesday, March 27, 2019
Visit www.asvabprogram.com to learn more
The ASVAB Career Exploration Program Information
Did you know…
The ASVAB aptitude tests have a well-established capacity to assess not only the ability to learn new skills, but to predict success in a wide variety of occupations.
The ASVAB Career Exploration Program is unique in several ways. The program:
- Meets the career development needs of today’s high school and postsecondary students, whether they plan to enter the workforce right away or pursue further education at a university, community college, or vocational institution
- Provides a world class, comprehensive career exploration and planning experience based on current career development theory and practice
- Encourages students to explore a wide variety of careers, rather than limiting their exploration by telling them what they can or should do
- Empowers students; encourages them to determine if and how they could improve their skills to become qualified for an occupation of interest
- Emphasizes the importance of career planning and decision making
- Provides a full-spectrum of career opportunities to students, regardless of their gender, ethnicity, or ability level
- Sample Includes ready-to-use structured activities to guide students through the career exploration and planning process
- Was developed with the assistance of a panel of leading career development professionals
Since the mid 1990s, the ASVAB Career Exploration Program has provided high quality, cost-free career exploration and planning materials and services to high schools across the nation. From surveys of participating students, we learned the following:
- 76% of the students who participated did so because of their interest in making appropriate post- high school career and educational plans.
- 31% of the students who participated did so because of their interest in military service.
- 62% of those who participated reported that the ASVAB Program helped them to connect their skills and interests with appropriate career choices.
- 63% of those who participated say the ASVAB Program helped them to consider careers they had not thought about before.
For more information please contact: